Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How-To Be a Vegan Gamer

Speaking of art, I was scrolling through an old file of Draw Something screenshots and it totally derailed the other post I had just begun to write. If you're vegan, do you notice how your lifestyle inevitably creeps into even the games that you play? My oldest son used to try to win survival mode on Minecraft while remaining totally vegan (yes, it's possible). A game of Cards Again Humanity at a vegan party/potluck last Friday night ended up with vegan house rules about the term "bullshit." Even my six year old's Bananagrams ended up containing the word "nondairy." And one of her favorite board games is the cooperative kids' 1980 German produced Harvest Time.

Vegan.com reviewed Mark Middleton's vegan apps, including the game Farm Rescue. Like tofu and zombies? Or maybe being a Vegan Vampire is more your style. I enjoy a game of WazHack myself (reboot of Moria and Hack... remember, where if you accidentally kill your dog you can eat him, and if you go through the dungeon as a vegan instead of gorging on homunculi corpses, it is inscribed post-mortem on your tombstone. I hated eating "screamer slices" in the old Amiga2000 dungeon crawler Dungeon Master). You can always resort to playing Fruit Ninja... no animals harmed, but I sure hope all that slashed fruit gets composted, haha.

OT, you need veg emojis too. Just sayin.

And perhaps some vegan sticker swag for your laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment