Friday, July 10, 2015

How-To Be a Sane Vegan in a Savage World

Sounds like a good title? Okay, because really what I want to talk about is how full of random ideas one's head can get in a day:

  • Ways to help all the animals in need
  • How to create a green vegan arcology
  • Vegan meringue (and I don't even like pie)
  • What's the best way to introduce vegan concepts to the mainstream public
  • Which music to use in my next adventure video
  • The price of polenta
  • Teaching nutrition without subsidized agricultural bias
  • Where I want to open vegan bed & breakfasts
  • Why pescetarians pick on the fishies
  • What animal my fourth mermaid chapter book is going to focus on
  • Accidentally ingesting bioluminescent moon jellies while swimming last summer (gave me hives in my mouth)
  • Rabbit food
  • Bees
  • How to test medical advances without animals (or even humans)

...That's just a handful of stuff that crossed my mind while driving back from work...

Without giving away my best ideas, lol, I find I have to keep a note on my phone and multiple Google docs going to list and organize everything. I have many things I want to create to entertain and improve the world. Many of these focus on vegan ideals and how to promote them in ways that will make them commonplace. But wow there's hardly enough time in the day for a shower and coffee sometimes. And right now I'm starved for IRL conversation with another vegan after a day surrounded by mainstream meat-eaters who mean well but make me fear for the future.

As much progress as vegans are making, striving for a more compassionate world, it can be frustrating. Discouraging. Disheartening. What's the best way to influence the most people for the good of all inhabitants on Earth? My brain feels like this toy plane, crammed with blocks and beads and plastic food and a shiny green Lamborghini Huracan... all of it needing to co-exist together peacefully somehow. And none of it should fly, but we have to do it anyway.

I need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment